Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day One (June 09, 2009)

Today was pretty cool. It was the last day of school and after school I hung out with my friends (Michael, Sam, Ryan, Peter, and Burhan) and some of their friends (Kate and Amy) all day. We went to a place called Frankies and played laser tag and putt putt golf. My main goal while there was to make sure that Michael at least tried to flirt with Kate, who he likes. He was reluctant because Ryan liked her too and he called "dibs". In my opinion though, dibs does not mean shit when you are talking about a girl that you like. I tried to encourage him to flirt a bit, but he kept refusing. I also told Ryan to back off (which I don't know if that was the right thing to do, but it felt right at the time(I do that sort of thing a lot, I usualy do not think before I act)) because the first friend really needed this and it would be very good for him. Ryan was kind of being a douche about it though and said no (and I know for a fact that Michael likes her more). Luckily, neither girl showed any interest in Ryan so his ego may have been taken down a bit. Don't get me wrong, he is one of my best friends, but he sees himself as better than everyone else and it gets really annoying at times. Peter also has this problem from time to time, but it is mostly just in academic situations (and they both have a right to be that way about there grades, they are geniuses (Sam is also a genius, Burhan is really smart, and Michael thinks he isn't smart, which lowers his self esteem to the point where he just doesn't try and that upsets me because he really is a very intelligent person)). After Frankies, all of us except for Kate, Amy, and Ryan (he had a soccer game and I don't knwo where the girls went) went to Peter's house where we played video games, ate, and played poker. We had a mexican style dinner (his mom is a fantastic cook) where I almost died from taking a large swig of some extremely hot hot sauce for ten dollars (I had to go five minutes without a drink of milk (apparently water wouldn't have helped)). When we were done with poker the doorbell rang and it was my mom coming to pick me up. I jokingly said that she always comes and ruins a party because she picks me up before it is over and then the whole ride home was my parents lecturing me about being respectfull (it does bother me though, my parents don't let me stay out late most of the time because they are too lazy to come pick me up, which they probably wouldn't have to do because I would probably end up sleeping at a friends house). Luckily, I have learned the valuable skill of ignoring them and throwing in a "yeah" occasionally to make them think I am listening. I wasn't going to let their ranting ruin my day. Tommorow, I have to fill out some forms for my doctor, because it has become increasingly apparent that I have ADHD so I am getting it checked out. I also have drumline practice, I think it is the last one before our instructor "sets the line" which means to choose who will be playing what instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment