Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day Two (June 10, 2009)

I was put on snare drum!!!!YES!!! That has been my goal for the last two years. My instructor pulled me aside and made me promise to practice an hour a day over the summer, then he said "welcome to the snare line". That was a incredibly awesome sentence to hear. At this moment, the definate snare line is me, Sam, and Brennen. Austin and Andrew are also going for it and our instructor said we could have five so they might both make it. I should be getting some ADHD medicine soon, I just filled out the paperwork to go see the doctor and now I am just waiting for the doctor to set up an apointment. My sister and I went to ice cream twice today at the same place (we are not fat, we were just hungry:)). The same lady was working there both times and the second time she gave us the wierdest look, that made me laugh. I know that was random but I just felt like sharing it. I gave my first compliment to a girl today. Yes, I really am that socially slow that it took me sixteen years to tell a girl I liked something about her. It happened to be to Eliza (the girl that I used to like and am not sure if I still like). I wonder if this means that I still like her because I think everything about her is great. I mean... it obviously does mean that, but I wonder if me still liking her will stop me from having the capacity to like someone else. I would hate to be blinded from a girl that I could have a serious relationship with when she already said no in a way. Here is what happened: it was sometime in the middle of the schoolyear and I had finally gathered enough courage to ask her out. I was going to ask her to go to a symphony with me (we are both kind of music nuts and we had to write a paper about a music performance so we were both going). As I was about to do it (we were walking to the bus), a freshman we both know came out of nowhere and started talking to me and, before I had the chance to ditch him, she got on her bus. I then called her a little later to ask her if she wanted to go get ice cream with me and my sister (I was going to ask her to go to the symphony there) and she said she was doing homework (we are friends so it was not obvious it was for me to ask her out). I then called her again later to ask her to go to the symphony with me (I know over the phone is bad, but I had no other options) and she said she was going with Mary (one of her friends, now my friend too) (she isn't lesbian, she is just loyal to her friends because she said she would go with her). For a while after, I toyed with the idea of asking her out again, but since then we have been hanging out more and have become better friends and I have decided not to wreck that. Anywho, today was a good day for me, ice cream and victory... nothing sweeter. Tommorow, I am going to a graduation was of one of my senior friends, Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment